top bar   |   Let's Move in Indian Country   |   USDA
ITCFDP logo bottom
main image
Welcome to the Inter-Tribal Council, Inc. Food Distribution Program Website

What is the Food Distribution Program?
The Food Distribution Program is a federal program that provides commodity foods to low-income households residing in approved areas. To be eligible to participate, the household must contain at least one person who is a member of a federally recognized tribe. Eligible households are certified based upon income and resource standards set by the federal government.

The area served by the Inter-Tribal Food Distribution Program is: a portion of Ottawa, including the city limits of Miami east of the Neosho River and a portion of Delaware county in Oklahoma, Cherokee and Labette Counties in Kansas, and Newton, Barton, Jasper and McDonald counties in Missourri.

Office hours are Monday – Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to noon and from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
association logos
What Do I Need To Qualify For The Food Distribution Program?

• You must reside in our service area.
• You must provide a complete utility bill for the residence. A verified rent
  receipt may be accepted.
• All information must be dated within the last 30 day period.
• CDIB card or tribal membership to a federally recognized tribe must be
  provided for at least one household member.
• Verification of income. Copies of consecutive pay stubs or employers statement of official documents showing GROSS earnings for last 30 days.
• Household member 18 yrs or older without income must provide an   Unemployment form from our office
• You may NOT have received or applied for food stamps in the same   month.
• You must provide proof of custody for children in your home if both       parents are not residing in the home.
• Deduction of child care requires a verifiable receipt from the care provider.
 Click for complete details or downloads >

Application Download PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY

How Do I Apply?

Applications for the ITC Food Distribution Program are available at the office, downloaded, or you may request one by mail.  Households may file an application on the same day they contact the program.  All applications received by the program will be processed within seven business days.
Dual Participation

Household members are NOT permitted to participate simultaneously in the Food Distribution Program and the SNAP program or another Food Distribution Program.

if you have questions about signing up for our program.

FOLLOW Us on Facebook®
          © Copyright 2012 ITCFDP. All Rights Reserved.   918.542.3443   |   |  Terms & Conditions
white horizontal rule
Cooking Tips
Safe Food Handling
Commodity Foods
Cooking Recipes

white ruleDIABETES
Cooking for Diabetes
Diabets in Adults
Diabetes in Children
American Diabetes Association

white ruleEXERCISE
Exercise Programs
Daily Activities for Elders
Keeping Kids Active
Let's Move in Indian Country

Event Calendar
Resource Downloads
USDA Website Link
Application for Membership
Unemployment Form
Qualifications List

About Us
Event Calendar
Mission Statement
Links page
Privacy Policy
Website Use Policy

Copyright Notice

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (PDF), (AD-3027) found online at, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442 or
  3. Email:
Adobe Download